Monday, June 3, 2013

Hiatus and pulling 'Veiled Innocence'

Hi, everyone!

Long time, no write. I'm sorry I've neglected this pen name, which is precisely why I've come to this decision:

I'm putting K.D. Jones on a temporary hiatus.

How long is temporary? Temporary could be a few months, it could be a year, or it could be two years. I don't know. Right now, my other pen names are growing at a much faster rate, and I feel I would be shooting myself in the foot if I didn't try to fuel the flames.

So, as much as I love epic fantasy, I will not be writing anymore stories under this pen name for a while. Yes, that means Maid of Iron and Darkest Destiny are on the back burner. I'll return to them someday, but I don't know when.

Which brings up another point:

I'm pulling Veiled Innocence from the market.

It's going to disappear one week from today - June 10th - so if you're wanting to read it, you can snag it for free from Amazon, Smashwords, and I think maybe B&N. (If they've price-matched the other sites, that is.) After that, it's not going to be available for a long time, if ever again.

I'm not pulling it because I think it's bad, though some people would probably like to argue that statement. It's more like I don't want to give readers the first book in a series, then make them wait who-knows-how-long for the next book. It's not fair. And I'm not even sure I'm going to continue the series.

It all remains to be seen in the foggy future of this pen name.

I do want to eventually return to epic fantasy because I really enjoy the genre. But that time is going to be a ways away because of my schedule and the time allotted to me for writing.

I'm sorry to any readers who were looking forward to these books. I'll leave Snow White up since it's a stand alone, and it's one of my most searched-for books (for Krystle Jones or K.D.).

But Cinderella, Lianora, Vishka, Rowan, and my whole clan are going back on my proverbial story shelves until I have time to attend to their stories.

I'm sorry for any frustration this may cause, and thank you so much for seeking out my stories and encouraging me to write.

All the best,

K.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment